Get busy living, or get busy dying.

Wow guys.  I have been MAJORLY slacking off with my blog! I'm sorry.  Things have been busy, now that I am a grown up and all.

Since my last post I saw: Cowboys & Aliens, Harry Potter (again), Shark Night 3D, and Don't Be Afraid of the Dark.  All of them were awful!!! Except Harry Potter (duh.)  Let me give a brief rundown for you.


Cowboys & Aliens - It has been a long time since I saw this one, so I'll do my best to remember how I felt after...  I'd say my expectations were met, but not exceeded.  It was an action-packed adventure with an extremely unique plot - almost like they spun a wheel to pick the elements of the story.  My two big problems with this movie: 1. there were some serious plot holes, and 2. it takes itself way too seriously.  I think the movie should have gone in one of two directions - it either should have been more funny and light hearted, or more action packed and heavy on the aliens.  It sort of lingered somewhere in the middle.  Also, it drove me nuts that Olivia Wilde was creeping in the background of every scene for the first hour. 

Harry Potter - You already know.  If you don't, read this.


Shark Night 3D -  Wow.  What do I even say about this?  I will sum it up in one sentence:  It is a corny Syfy channel quality storyline with a huge budget.  You basically know exactly what is going to happen every step of the way.  The most enjoyable parts - actually the only truly enjoyable parts of this movie were the super creative ways people get eaten by sharks.  Even though the plot is stupid and predictable, they do a great job of making you squeal and shout whenever someone gets devoured by a monster shark.  Plus the 3D is funny - you make eye contact with a shark.  It almost feels real.
..... almost.


Don't Be Afraid of the Dark - I had REALLY high expectations for this movie, and they absolutely were not met.  I am a huge fan of Guillermo del Toro.  The Orphanage and Pan's Labyrinth are two incredible adventures that scare the living daylights out of me.  The trailer for Don't Be Afraid of the Dark made it seem like it was on the same level as those two films (despite Katie Holme's presence in the film....)  Turns out the trailer shows all the best parts.  I saw the movie with three friends and we laughed out loud through the entire thing (we were alone in the theater.) The movie was visually eerie and interesting (filmed in Australia, but supposed to be set in Rhode Island!), but it otherwise failed to impress me at all.  The story, though unique, was very dull, and the creatures you are supposed to fear are laughable. I wouldn't recommend this movie to anyone.


I will try and get better at posting on here......

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © / Jill Talks Movies

Template by : Urang-kurai / powered by :blogger