"If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast." -Hemingway

Yesterday after work I made an impromptu trip to the movies, and had the pleasure of seeing a film that was literally MADE for me.  Midnight in Paris.  It combined all my favorite things into one! (The only thing that could have made it better? Sam Worthington in a starring role. Yum.)  It didn't have that handsome man unfortunately, but it did have quite the impressive cast!  This charming new Woody Allen film starred Owen Wilson, Rachel McAdams, Cathy Bates, and Michael Sheen, just to name a few.   I had NO idea what it was about before I saw it, even after I saw the trailer.  I was overjoyed to discover fairly early on in the film that it involved my favorite artists and my favorite writers in my favorite city.  Had I known, I would have anticipated it more!
It's a whimsical story about a man (Owen Wilson) who discovers a unique and mysterious side to Paris every night at, you guessed it, midnight.  Rachel McAdams plays a perfectly Regina George-esque role, which I love from her.  This is definitely more geared towards a female audience, though I do think guys will still enjoy it.  It was an overall enchanting movie and simply a pleasure to watch. 
I am going to give this movie a "not worth it" BUT I DON'T THINK IT'S A BAD MOVIE!

It was magical and romantic and sweet and perfect for a person like me, BUT I just don't think you have to spend the money to see it in theaters.  It will be just as good as a rental, or to buy and watch over and over and over again.  I am thinking of a new rating system for movies, to start soon, just because my ratings make great movies like this look bad. DEFINITELY worth seeing, just not necessarily in theaters.

3 comments:

  1. Perfect review...however I would have rated it worth watching in the theater because I loved the beautiful views of Paris. Maybe I can go there soon???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also heard a remedial knowledge of French is required, is that true? I'm conversational so I think I'd be okay, but what happened to movies assuming the "Stupid American" and providing subtitles for even the hard-to-understand ESL character?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very true, you definitely need to be able to understand some French basics. My dad had no idea what was going on through part of it, and I think sub titles would have really made a huge difference for him.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © / Jill Talks Movies

Template by : Urang-kurai / powered by :blogger